Calling All PTAB Practitioners If you’re an attorney, patent agent or law student interested in Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) practice, there’s a new organization that can make an important difference in your career — the PTAB Bar Association. It’s the only group exclusively devoted to elevating legal practice before the PTAB.
A Professional Community Resource
The first national bar association of this scope formed in more than 30 years, the PTAB Bar Association was launched on September 16, 2016 — the fifth anniversary of the enactment of the America Invents Act. The organization establishes a forum that fosters communication among stakeholders and the PTAB and keeps members informed about PTAB-related best practices, news and jurisprudence. More than 50 law firms provided seed funding for the PTAB Bar Association, which now has more than 1,000 members.
Uniting Individuals and Organizations
In addition to individuals, the PTAB Bar Association has already attracted some of the world’s leading companies as members, including:
- Apple Inc.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Google Inc.
- HTC Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Microsoft Corp.
- Sony Corporation
- Twitter Inc.
Joining the PTAB Bar Association offers you a host of valuable and wide-ranging benefits, including:
- CLE designed for your PTAB practice by active PTAB lawyers
- Access to biweekly “PTAB Roundup” emails summarizing cases and news of interest to PTAB practitioners
- Opportunities to meet PTAB judges and practitioners at PTAB Bar Association-hosted networking events in Washington, D.C. and other areas across the country
- Access to speaking opportunities
- The ability to join committees and play an early role in planning and shaping a vibrant new bar association:
- Website Committee
- Industry Committee
- Annual Conference Committee
- Communications Committee
- Program Committee
- Membership and Sponsorship Committee
- Young Lawyers and Agents Committee
- Diversity Committee
- PTAB Trials Committee
- PTAB Appeals Committee
Members will have the opportunity to attend the PTAB Bar Association’s Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., which will feature numerous CLEs covering updates on PTAB, Federal Circuit and Supreme Court decisions; industry perspectives; best practices for parallel proceedings; the view from the bench; current trends; ethics; and “rules of the road.” The conference will take place at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C. on March 14 – 15, 2019.