Calling All PTAB Practitioners If you’re an attorney, patent agent or law student interested in Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) practice, there’s a new organization that can make an important difference in your career — the PTAB Bar Association. It’s the only group exclusively devoted to elevating legal practice before the PTAB.
Members are the heart and soul of the PTAB Bar Association. We have seen this through the variety of programming created and offered by our committee members, through collaboration between our members and the PTAB to introduce law students and young attorneys to the practice, and most importantly, through discussions and camaraderie at our in-person meetings, such as the recent Annual Conference.
While we are an association focused exclusively on practice before the PTAB, we are also focused on growing diversity within our association in all ways – not only cultural, racial, gender and sexual identity but also in geography, technology, firm size and practice type. We are truly an association for everyone who practices before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
A Professional Community Resource
The first national bar association of this scope formed in more than 30 years, the PTAB Bar Association was launched on September 16, 2016 — the fifth anniversary of the enactment of the America Invents Act. The organization establishes a forum that fosters communication among stakeholders and the PTAB and keeps members informed about PTAB-related best practices, news and jurisprudence. Our events provide unique opportunities for dialogue with fellow practitioners, PTAB judges, federal court judges, and appellate judges in Washington, DC and other cities across the country.
Valuable Membership Benefits
Membership in the PTAB Bar Association is more important and valuable than ever. Our members are provided exclusive and wide-ranging benefits, both online and in person, that keep PTAB practitioners connected, engaged, and informed with the latest news and insights, including:
- The Annual Conference: The Annual Conference is an unmatched event that brings together leading PTAB practitioners, judges, and other thought leaders. Members with the PTAB Bar Association enjoy discounted registration.
- CLE and Learning Opportunities: CLE credits (including diversity and ethics) are available at the Annual Conference, Thought Leader Summit, and various webinars throughout the year.
- Publications & Other Reference Materials: The PTAB Bar Association distributes a number of publications and other reference materials designed to help you stay up to date and grow your PTAB practice expertise, including the biweekly PTAB Roundup, Master Class Report, Year in Review, Roundup of Roundups, PTAB Bar Association Law Journal, and exclusive conference materials, many of which are provided exclusively to Association members.
- Unique Opportunities: A unique aspect of the PTAB Bar Association is the unparalleled opportunities that our members have to meet judges and practitioners at networking events, partake in speaking engagements, and contribute to Association publications.
- Discounts: Members enjoy discounts on Association-hosted events, including the Annual Conference and Thought Leader Summit.
- Involvement: Members have the ability to join committees and have a direct impact on planning and shaping a vibrant and growing bar association.
In addition to individuals, the PTAB Bar Association has already attracted some of the world’s leading companies as members, including:
- Apple Inc.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Google Inc.
- HTC Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Microsoft Corp.
- Sony Corporation
- Twitter Inc.
Join this growing and dynamic bar association!